The Deke Slayton Memorial Space & Bicycle Museum is located on the second floor of the historic Masonic Temple in Sparta, Wisconsin. Housed on the first floor is the Monroe County Local History Museum. The Masonic Temple was originally built in 1923. The Masons, after having used the building for 70 years, decided to move to a new facility in the early 1990s. The temple was purchased by Monroe County and became the museum complex as it is today. The museum complex is part of Sparta’s historic four corners. On each corner of the intersection there is a historic building: the museum complex, courthouse, post office, and Sparta Free Library.